These last few weeks have been very busy but God has blessed me in so many ways. I am so excited about how He is showing himself strong in my life. The bible says in Matthew,” Ask and it shall be given”. I am a witness that if I ask God for something, He will give it to me. I don’t know what I’ve been doing lately, but God has been spoiling me and I want to share a few of the ways He’s been blessing me.
- I asked the President, of my university to attend an appreciation reception with me to show my appreciation. He accepted and joined me along with my supervisor Cash and advisor Dr. Wood. I had an awesome conversation with him and got to share what I did over spring break and what I am doing this summer. This is by far my favorite college experience so far :)!
Me, President Smart,Dr. Wood, and Cash at the R.E.A.L. Bears appreciation reception.
- I went home to St.Louis for about a day and a half during our Easter break and I got the opportunity to travel with my favorite group God’s Chosen. It was a blessing to be able to serve them and work their merchandise table so that they can focus on ministering. We had a great time and the hospitality was awesome.
Working the God’s Chosen merchandise table.
Me and God’s Chosen. I had to be a fan and take a picture too haha
3). Lastly, I applied to be an Emcee for Cru ( the campus ministry I am a part of ) and I prayed that God would just let His will be done. I got a phone call right before I left to go home for Easter break asking if I would like to accept the position as Emcee. I was so happy because I knew it must have been God’s will for me to be Emcee.
Me and my co-emcee Paul
God has been blowing my mind more and more everyday. I am so excited to see what this summer has to offer. I would love for you to be praying for me as I prepare for my trip to San Diego.I would also love for you to prayerfully consider donating so that I can actually go. The website is http://give.gosummerproject.com/tina-osborne/. Thanks and God bless!
Song of the week!
“You lift me high
You stretch me wide
I am greater because of you
You lift me high
You stretch me wide
I am bigger because you”
I love this song and I hope it blesses someone as much as it blesses me!
My favorite picture of me and God’s Chosen
God’s Chosen (GC3) is my favorite gospel group of all time. I just thought I’d take time this week to share about why I love them so much! God’s Chosen is a singing trio from St.Louis by the names of Zebrina Anderson, Nikeisha Whittier and Sarah Stephens who travel the country singing. Before I go any further, go purchase their album “1&6” on ITunes, amazon.com, and gc3music.com RIGHT NOW! The album is absolutely amazing.
a super old picture of me and God’s Chosen
I met God’s Chosen when I was around 13 and have been a diehard supporter ever since. God’s Chosen stood out from the entire STL artist because I noticed that they supported others and were sincerely focused on ministry and not entertainment. God’s Chosen released their first album, “Love Ever After”, nationally in 2007 and I remember like it was yesterday being at their celebration at Vintage Vinyl. God’s Chosen recently released their sophomore album,”1&6” and I was soooo happy that I would not talk about anything else but the release of “1&6”.There are a ton of things I admire about God’s Chosen but I decided to point out these top 10! Enjoy!
God’s Chosen in worship at their live recording.
WHY I LOVE GOD’S CHOSEN:
- They love God. It is very obvious that GC3 loves God and more importantly serves him in every aspect of their lives.
- They focus their ministry on saving the lost. At their first CD release concert, I believe two people accepted Christ and were baptized that night.
- They support other ministries. God’s Chosen support other STL artist and have supported me since I’ve known them.
- They keep it real. If anyone knows any member of God’s Chosen they will tell you like it is. Lol
- They are talented. God’s Chosen is very talented and I’ve successfully learned how to fail at each of their runs.
- They are committed to being used by God. Brina, Sarah, and Keisha are committed to singing and play vital roles in their local church.
- They are humble. God’s Chosen never accepts any glory, but they ALWAYS give glory to God.
- They are faithful. So many people would have gave up singing after living in different states, but God’s Chosen kept the faith and stayed together.
- They are grateful. After all these years, God’s Chosen thanks me for each and every event that I come support them at.
- They are wise, they know the Word of God and they will tell you things in a loving way. Brina, Sarah and Keisha are very wise women who have taught me how to be a godly woman. I have no problem asking them or sharing things with them because I know they will get me together in a loving way.
Last weekend, I went home to STL and had an amazing time. I spent my Friday night hanging with my girls Des and Jas.We went to Applebee’s for late night apps and had a blast. It was really nice to catch up and it reminded me of old times.
Me and Des at Applebees
Saturday morning, I woke up, got dressed, and went to pick up my cousins Ronda, Londa, DeAris and Desi.We met with my mom and Aunt, and headed to the St. Louis Premium Outlet Mall. I tried to shop till I dropped but I dropped before I could start shopping (#collegelife). We had a lot fun and I really enjoyed being able to spend time with my family and friends.
Baby Desi D
Me and Miya
Me and Kayla
Later that night, I went to dinner with my mom, dad, God sister, Desi and Tammy. I was so excited to see my God sister Makayla, but all she wanted to do was play games on my phone. After dinner, I hung out with my little cousin Miya. This was my first time hanging out with her and I was very excited to get to know her. She is very smart and has set goals just like me. She reminded me so much of myself and it made me even more excited to keep in touch and hang out with her.
Me and Keisha
Sunday morning, I woke up on a mission. I needed to wash my hair, get my eye brows waxed and make it to Keisha’s church at a decent time. I struggled getting out of the bed, but I eventually got up, washed my hair, picked out my outfit, and headed to the nail shop to get my eye brows done. I made it to Keisha’s church at about noon. I really enjoyed myself at Keisha’s church (like always). After church, I purchased 2 God’s Chosen Walk the Talk t-shirts. I was so excited to have the newest edition in my hands. It was also fun to catch up a little bit with Keisha and have a mini photo shoot (#loveher). After I left Keisha’s church, I went to my aunt’s church to visit and say my last goodbyes. Overall, it was a very fun weekend and I was not ready to come back to Springfield. I am definitely looking forward to going home again.
Me and my mom rocking our new God’s Chosen t-shirts.